Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cookies and the Zoo!

Okay, we didn't eat cookies at the zoo but that would have been fun. Wow, what a busy couple of weeks. Jared and Erin came up with their kids for a visit. It was really fun to have them around. It's amazing how quickly kids grow up when you only see them once every 6 months. We have had fun playing, watching movies, etc. The other week we went to the zoo. It was so much fun. My favorite Sophie comment (she is 6 yrs. old and can say the funniest things) was when we were looking at the rhinos. She looked at them eating and said, "Wow, they must poo a lot" then when one of them turned she said, "Ooh gross! I can see it's boogers!" I thought I would pee my pants laughing. I love the zoo, especially with little kids.
We also went to Bear Lake. That was fun and CRAZY! We had 9 adults and 6 kids under the age of 8 who wanted to play Harry Potter all the time. We went to Minnetonka Cave and watching the kids reactions to everything was so much fun. They thought it was all so cool. The Lake was gorgeous! I'm glad to be back though but now I need to catch up on all the stuff at home, like getting back to making cookies!

The last ones I made were Oatmeal raisin. They were so yummy, and I don't even like raisins! They came out so soft and chewy. Sean scarfed them down and took some to work. He said they got lots of compliments. I think these were Sean's favorite cookies so far. I guess I will need to make these more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment