Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crazy two weeks!

Wow! How does life get so crazy? And where does the time go? It has been a great couple of weeks, but way busy crazy. It's getting to the point where I can't even remember everything anymore. There were a couple of highlights. Sean and I went to a Raptors game on Labor day weekend with some friends. They brought their little boy Ben who is a joy. Well, part way through the game I got up to use the bathroom and get a drink. When I got back Ben yelled out (across about 6 rows) "Did you go to the bathroom Kari?" Wow, what a thing I just wanted to share with the whole ballpark. The game was fun with the Raptors pulling out the win.

Labor Day was fun. We went to Monte Cristo and had a picnic with the family. It was a blast, cold but fun. Later we went to our cousins house for a barbeque and some fun. Sean and I marinated some steaks with Santa Maria seasoning and they were so delicious.

Work has been crazy this week. We have a retreat happening next week and so we've all been running around like headless chickens trying to get everything ready. It's fun, but a little stressful.

The most exciting thing that has happened is. . . Sean let me get a cat! I love cats and have been wanting one ever since we bought the house (we weren't allowed pets in our apartments). Our accountant at work had a cat dumped near her house, and it wanted to be adopted. She couldn't keep it, so Sean and I took it in. He is 4 months old and is very sweet and playful. Sean isn't so sure about him yet. He keeps climbing up him and Sean doesn't like it. I keep telling Sean that he is still a kitten and will mellow out soon. We don't have a name for him yet. I just can't decide.

As far as cookies go: I've made Jubilee jumbles - which were basically a brown sugar cookie. I added coconut and pecans to some, I also added chocolate chips to some of them along with with coconut and pecans. They were so yummy. I think Sean may have a new favorite. This last Sunday I made butterscotch brownies. They are really like a blondie, with nuts. They are pretty good. Unfortunately for some reason my gums swelled up on Sat. and it hurts to eat anything right now. Both these cookies were winners!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm glad you finally got a cat! You need one. Ours keeps us laughing all the time. Love ya, Kari!

    ReplyDelete